29 Aug Enjoy Potato and Mexican Chorizo Casserole with a Twist!
Photo and recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.
Chorizo is among one of the best when it comes to flavor and protein, but what gives this dish a certain finesse is the smoky flavors that come with the Italian additions such as Italian sausages and cheeses. See what makes this Mexican chorizo casserole recipe pop, and taste the amazing flavors in this recipe from the creators at Taste of Home.
Ingredients for Mexican Chorizo Casserole
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- Chopped fresh parsley and cilantro
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces fresh Mexican chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small skillet, cook Mexican chorizo over medium heat until cooked through, breaking into crumbles, 5-7 minutes then drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the hash browns, soup, cheese, onion, peppers, and pepper flakes.
- Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with panko breadcrumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and bubbly for 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cilantro before serving.
Order Chorizo Online from Chorizo De San Manuel!
Need some cooking inspiration? Try:
- Breakfast Chorizo Pizza
- Chorizo Cotija Stuffed Pretzel Bites
- Chorizo and Cheddar Potato Skins
- Guilt-Free Mexican Chorizo Cobb Salad
- Chorizo and Potato Breakfast Empanadas