23 Jun These Chorizo and Cheddar Potato Skins Will Make a Great Appetizer!
Recipe and photos courtesy of JustATaste.com.
Instead of ordering out, learn how to make this restaurant favorite at home! Plus, we’re adding more flavor by using our own pork chorizo to the recipe! This dish comes to us from the talented chefs at JustATaste.com and it’s delicious!
1 hour and 10 minutes
16 potato skins
- 8 russet potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted, melted butter
- 1 pound of pork chorizo
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces of sour cream
- Chopped scallions, green parts only
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork several times and place them on a rack. Bake for 50 minutes or until they can be easily pierced. Set on a rack to cool.
- Once cooled, slice in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the insides. Leave a quarter-inch lining each potato. Remember, you can use the scooped-out parts for mash potatoes.
- Brush both sides of the potato skins with melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the skins on a cookie sheet skin-side-up and broil for two minutes, then flip and broil for an additional two minutes. Watch the skins to make sure they don’t overcook. Remove and set aside.
- Over medium heat, cook the chorizo for about five to seven minutes.
- Using a spoon, add a scoop of chorizo into each hollowed-out potato, top with two tablespoons of cheese, and broil for four to five minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with sour cream and chives, and serve.
Check out our other amazing chorizo recipes and be sure to tag us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Be sure to buy chorizo online with our nationwide shipping! Contact us to place your order today.