25 Jan 5 Methods to Cooking Tender Center Cut Ribeye Steak
The center cut Ribeye steak is famous for its marbling with the fat running through it, giving it plenty of flavors and maintaining prime tenderness. There are several methods to cook it, and while you may have a personal favorite, it is good to know another way to show off to your guests. Order steaks online, and try one of these methods.
Grilling your ribeye steak is more committed work than slabbing a piece of meat on a grill. Get even texture and flavor from center to edge with the following steps:
● Preheat your grill
● Brush oil on grill grates
● Place steak overheat and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side.
● Move steak to indirect heat and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
For medium rare, be sure the internal temperature is at 120-125 °F or the desired temperature.
Pan Seared Center Cut Ribeye Steak
You can perform this method with much more control and precise cooking to bring out the best in your prime steak. Pan-seared ribeye steak by:
● Preheat a cast iron skillet or medium-high heat with one tablespoon of butter.
● Place steak in the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes on both sides while spooning butter on top.
● Check the internal temperature using a thermometer and remove from heat once it reaches your desired temperature.
Cooking in the Oven
This method of cooking is pretty straightforward, create the perfect center-cut ribeye steak in the oven by:
● Preheating the oven to 375°F.
● Cook your steak on a skillet pan for 2-3 minutes, searing each side, then place your steak in the oven.
● Roast for 8-10 minutes or until the desired doneness is reached.
Reverse sear is a method that requires a lot of attention. Keep an eye on your steak while cooking for the best results.
● Preheat your oven or grill on low heat, about 225°F.
● Roast or grill for about one hour for medium rare
● Preheat a cast iron skillet with one tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat
● Sear on each side for 2-3 minutes, spooning the butter over the top
● Rest on a plate loosely tented with foil for 5-10 minutes before serving
Learn more about the sous vide method here. When you are ready, start the cooking process:
- Add water to your precision cooker and preheat the cooker to 125 °F.
- Wrap a paper towel around the bone and tie it in place with the butcher’s twine to prevent it from tearing your vacuum bag.
- Add the steak and fresh herbs to the bag. Seal the bag with a vacuum sealer.
- Place the bag in the water, ensuring the meat is fully covered.
- Cook for about 3-4 hours until done, although the precious cooker times and steak thickness can affect cooking time.
- Once the steak is done, you can pan-sear or cook your steak on an iron skillet with a tablespoon of butter, searing on both sides for 3-4 minutes.
Try these Center Cut Ribeye Steak Methods & Read About Our Other Prime Beef Products
Don’t forget to buy in bulk this season and purchase our meat gift boxes here! Learn about our other products.