25 Aug Feast on Chicken and Mexican Chorizo Ragu
Photo and recipe courtesy of BBC Good Food.
Need a new take on how you can cook your chorizo for your next meal time? This recipe is not only savory but it has lots of interesting flavors that go with chicken and Mexican chorizo! Try out this recipe, courtesy of BBC Good Food, for this ultimate summer feast.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 120g cooking Mexican chorizo, chopped
- 80g sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 600g skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- jacket potatoes, chopped parsley, and soured cream, to serve (optional)
- Fry the Mexican chorizo over medium heat in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole dish for 5 mins or until it releases its oil and starts to char at the edges.
- Add the onion and fry for 5 mins more or until soft.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 2 mins before stirring in the paprika and sundried tomatoes.
- Add the chicken thighs and fry for 2 mins on each side until they are well coated in the spices and beginning to brown.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and stock, and turn the heat down.
- Cover and cook for 40 mins until the chicken is falling apart and the sauce is thick. Stir the lemon juice through.
- Serve by piling spoonfuls of the ragu into hot jacket potatoes with parsley sprinkled over and a dollop of soured cream, if you like.
Find More Recipes
- Savory Chorizo Meatballs
- Chicken Chorizo Melt
- Chorizo Breakfast Sandwich
- Chorizo Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Bite-sized Mexican Chorizo Cups
Try This Chicken and Mexican Chorizo and Order Chorizo Online
Buy your favorite chorizo and meat boxes online and get cooking. Contact us online if you have any questions regarding shipping to your address, and remember to share your culinary creations on Facebook, Tik Tok, and Instagram!