04 Jul Steak 101: Learn About Our Tomahawk & Cowboy Bone-in Ribeye
In a previous blog, we mentioned the different cuts of steak we offer; however, some cuts are very similar. At Chorizo De San Manuel, we take pride in our steaks, beef fajitas, marinated chicken fajitas, San Luis Chorizo, and more! Learn more about our two hearty steaks – the Cowboy Bone-in Ribeye and Tomahawk steak.
What is the Difference Between Tomahawk and Cowboy Bone-In Ribeye
Essentially, the tomahawk and ribeye are cut from the rib area of the cow. While both tomahawk and cowboy bone-in ribeye steaks have a buttery flavor, are tender, and have fine marbling. You should also know:
- A master-cutter slices the tomahawk steak with clean precision and leaves in a tender rib bone.
- Master-cutters use a “frenching” technique to trim excess fat from the bone.
- Tomahawk steaks are generally thicker than cowboy bone-in ribeye.
- Cowboy bone-in ribeye comes with about five or six inches of rib bones.
- Cowboy bone-in ribeye drips excess fat content when grilled, so careful grilling is essential.
Our Cowboy Bone-In Ribeye
Grilling this steak is the way to go for a robust and sizzling masterpiece. This steak is tender, has a smoky flavor when appropriately grilled, and remains juicy even when cooked over intense flames due to its fat content.
- 160z cuts
- 20 oz cuts
- 24oz cuts
- Prime and choice Cowboy bone-in ribeye.
Like a ribeye, tomahawk steak has an intense flavor that only improves as it grills. This steak is not for the faint of heart, as our cuts are available in 48 oz., in Prime, or choice cut! While cooking, the smoke adds to the flavor of this meat. Grilling is the preferred method, but you can also:
- Sous vide
- Deep fry
- Cook in the oven
Flavor Steaks with Our Seasonings
Add some flavor to your steaks! We recommend using all-purpose seasoning and steak seasoning to bring out your steak’s flavors.
Order Prime Steak Online
Order our chorizo products online today. Be sure to send us a message online if you have any questions about our nationwide shipping. Use #bestchorizobrand and #chorizodesanmanuel on Facebook and Instagram.