06 Aug 3 Prime Beef Products: Enjoy the Difference of Savory Prime, Choice, and Select Beef
Chorizo de San Manuel has become a household name thanks in part to selling the highest- grades of pork, chicken, beef, and seasonings. We proudly serve 100% all-natural ingredients with no additives or preservatives, and we are always happy to educate our customers in the differences between prime, choice, and select beef. Read on to learn more about how this meat is graded.
How Prime Beef Products are Categorized
The United States Department of Agriculture judges beef in two ways:
- The quality of the tenderness, juiciness, and flavor.
- The amount of useable meat on a carcass.
How Cuts of Our Prime Beef Products are Categorized
The ways the USDA grades cuts of beef include:
- Prime beef has abundant marbling and is considered top-tier. It comes from young, well-fed cattle and is sold in restaurants, hotels, and at Chorizo de San Manuel!
- Choice beef is a high-quality cut with less marbling. Choice steaks and roasts from the loin and rib are tender, juicy, and flavorful, but are not as high-quality like prime. Chorizo de San Manuel has choice meats such as ribeye steaks, New York Strip Steaks, Cowboy Bone-In Ribeye, and more!
- Select beef is third-tier in quality and is usually leaner than higher grades. Select beef can be fairly tender, but because it doesn’t have the marbling seen in choice or prime grades, it can lack the juiciness or flavor. Chorizo de San Manuel does not use or have select beef available for sale.
Order Steaks Online at Chorizo de San Manuel!
You don’t have to be an expert at grading meats to cook our prime beef products! Chorizo de San Manuel believes in always providing the highest grades to our customers. Contact us to place your order today!