05 May Spice It Up with Smoked Gouda- Mexican Chorizo Jalapeño Poppers
Recipe and picture courtesy of Food Network.
Needs something to add a little kick to your tastebuds? Surprise your dinner guests with this spicy appetizer, featuring our pork chorizo, jalapeños, cheese, and a dab of hot sauce! Thank you to the talented chefs from the Food Network for this hot recipe.
1 hour and 20 minutes
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped red onion
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces of smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 12 large jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 links (about 8 ounces) of fresh Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add the gouda, cream cheese, sour cream, red onion, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the egg.
- Press the mixture into the jalapeños and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden and bubbling, 20 minutes.
Check Out Our Mexican Chorizo Brands Online
We hope you have fun making these poppers. Be sure to take a look at our Mexican chorizo brands and order chorizo online!
- Beef chorizo
- Pork chorizo
- Chicken chorizo
- San Luis Chorizo