07 Dec Garnish this 9 Ingredient Savory Salad with Mexican Chorizo
Posted at 09:51h in Chorizo, Recipes 0 Comments
Photo and recipe courtesy of Delicious.com
You may find it hard to believe, but our Texas brand chorizo can go well with nearly everything, even salad! If you are curious about what to make with your beef or pork chorizo then adding it this warm cauliflower and chorizo salad is a must! We’d like to thank the chefs at Delicious for coming up with this recipe.
1 hr 5 mins
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) grape seed oil
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken stock
- 1 dried chorizo, skin removed, finely chopped
- 2 cauliflower, cut into large florets, leaves reserved
- Finely grated parmesan and baby basil leaves, to serve
- 100 g hazelnuts, roasted, skins removed, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 220 C° or 425F°
- Roughly chop 500 g cauliflower florets and set aside. Place remaining cauliflower and leaves on a large baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season, and roast for 35-40 minutes until dark golden.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a frypan with a lid over medium heat. Add the chopped cauliflower and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add stock and bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a blender until smooth..
- For the dressing, place the chopped Mexican chorizo and grape seed oil in a cold pan over medium-low heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until fragrant and the oil is red.
- Set aside to cool, then whisk in the sherry vinegar.
- To serve, spread the puree over a serving plate, top with roasted cauliflower and leaves, drizzle with chorizo dressing, then scatter with hazelnuts, parmesan, and basil.
Order Chorizo Online
We’ve been in the business for decades for a reason. We put extra care into our products to create authentic flavors with our chorizo, Shop at your local grocery store or order chorizo online today.