02 Dec Quick and Easy 1 Pot Chorizo and Spanish Rice Recipe!
Recipe and picture courtesy of The Wholesome Dish.
This one-pot recipe is filled to the brim with Spanish rice, black beans, various vegetables, and our very own Texas brand chorizo and includes your choice or sausage! We would like to give a big thanks for this recipe from the talented chefs at The Wholesome Dish.
- ½ tsp. of salt
- ½ tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- ½ cup of uncooked rice
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp. of ground black pepper
- 1 medium sweet bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- One 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of chicken broth (or any other preferred broth)
- One 10 oz. can of Rotel® diced tomatoes and chilies
- ¾ lb. of chorizo sausage links (about 4 links) sliced into ½ inch pieces
- Place a wide skillet or pot over high heat.
- Add the beans, Rotel® tomatoes and chilies, bell pepper, onion, rice, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper together.
- Stir all ingredients together to combine and cover the pot.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sliced sausage and chorizo. Then cover pot again.
- Simmer until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, for 10 minutes if using white rice.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Uncover and let meal rest 5 minutes before serving.
Tag our Chorizo Online!
Be sure to check out other scrumptious recipes featuring all of our amazing chorizo products. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook! Be sure to send us a message online if you have any other questions to learn more about our nationwide shipping. Order our chorizo online today!