27 Jan Enjoy a Helping of Pork Chorizo and Green Chili Cauliflower Mac N’ Cheese
Recipe and picture courtesy of I Breathe I’m Hungry.
Indulge in macaroni and cheese with a healthy twist for a guilt-free dinner! Substitute with our pork chorizo, beef chorizo, chicken chorizo or San Luis chorizo. Thank you to the chefs from I Breathe I’m Hungry for this delectable recipe!
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 ounces of our Texas brand chorizo*
- 1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 4 cups of raw cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of mild chopped canned green chilis
*Chef’s note: You’ll cook and use 1/3 cup for this recipe.
- Spread out and microwave your cauliflower in a microwave-safe casserole dish for 10 minutes or until partially tender.
- Cook our pork chorizo or San Luis chorizo in a small sauté pan.
- Drain the extra fat.
- Measure out 1/3 cup of the cooked chorizo for this recipe and reserve any extra for another use.
- Remove the cauliflower from the microwave and stir in the heavy whipping cream, butter, chopped chilis, cooked chorizo, shredded cheddar, salt, and chopped cilantro.
- Once thoroughly combined, bake in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Order Pork Chorizo Online