17 Apr Cook a Mexican Chorizo Sweet Potato for Six!
Recipe and photo courtesy of TheSpanishRadish.com
Mexican chorizo sweet potato are quite the combination, but it’s actually quite delicious! The unique smokey flavor of the paprika and the oil from the chorizo complement the sweet potato while bringing out a wonderful sweet and spicy combination. We want to thank the chefs at TheSpanishRadish.com for this recipe inspiration.
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 200 ml homemade chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 7 oz (200 g) Mexican chorizo, cut into ½ pieces
- 3 tomatoes, skin removed and grated (or 400g tinned tomatoes)
- On medium heat, fry the chorizo in a large non-stick pan or skillet for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the onion, and fry for 3-4 minutes until the onion softens.
- Add the pepper, grated tomato, herbs, and spices and cook for 2-3 minutes more, stirring well.
- Add the sweet potato and stock, give everything a gentle stir, and add the rosemary sprigs on top.
- Simmer covered for 15-20 minutes.