31 Oct Batch of 4 Chicken and Mexican Chorizo Sausage Rolls Holiday Appetizer
Picture and photo courtesy of Delicious.com
Looking for wonderful recipes to try this holiday season? Make a batch or two of these tender Chicken and Mexican Chorizo rolls as an appetizer. Not only is this dish great for a holiday party, but these tender and flaky rolls are just the warm bite you want on a cold morning. Order chorizo online today, and try your hand at this dish. We want to say thank you to the chefs at Delicious.com for this recipe.
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 tbs harissa paste
- 250 g dried chorizo
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 250 g minced, chicken
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 cup (280 g) tomato sauce
- 2 sheets of all-butter puff pastry
- 1 rosemary sprig, finely chopped
- tsp each nigella seeds, sesame seeds, and crushed fennel seeds
*Use a cheese cloth if you have one.
- Preheat oven to 390 °F and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the chorizo in a food processor until finely chopped. Place in a bowl with the chicken mince.
- Grate the onion and zucchini onto a clean cheese cloth, then gather in the sides and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Add the vegetables to the chorizo mixture.
- Add the rosemary and season with 1 ½ teaspoons of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide chorizo mixture into 4 even portions.
- Halve the pastry sheets.
- Shape 1 portion of chorizo mixture into a ball along the edge of one pastry sheet.
- Brush the opposite edge of the pastry sheet with egg wash.
- Roll up pastry to enclose. Repeat for remaining pastry, chorizo, and egg.
- Transfer sausage rolls, seam-side down, to a tray and place in freezer for 10 mins.
- Using a kitchen string, unscented dental floss or a serrated knife, cut each sausage roll into 4 portions.
- Brush with egg wash, then sprinkle with nigella seeds, sesame seeds, fennel seeds, and salt flakes.
- Place on prepared trays and bake for 25-30 mins or until golden and cooked through.
- Combine the harissa and ketchup, and serve sausage rolls with the sauce.
Order Chorizo Online
Check our original Mexican chorizo flavors and order online today. Chorizo De San Manuel has a variety of different flavored chorizos to choose with key flavor profiles:
- Pork Chorizo is easily one of the most popular choices in chorizo flavors and adds a flavor boost to any dish. Pair with our all-purpose seasoning, for complete unique juicy flavor made with spices.
- Beef Chorizo is one of the alternative choices for pork chorizo flavors, this particular chorizo has a savory yet succulent taste with a nice garlic finish.
- Chicken Chorizo compares to pork chorizo in terms of flavor. This chorizo has a leaner taste that pairs well with light recipes, perfect for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Chorizo San Luis flavor contains just the right amount of fat content, with a savory pork flavor and a much-concentrated amount of spiciness in every bite.