20 Sep Try these 8-Ingredient Mexican Chorizo & Grits Bowls
Photo and recipe courtesy of TasteofHome.com
Try this interesting take on your staple Mexican chorizo & grits breakfast foods and create whole new combinations of flavor and uniqueness with this breakfast bowl! This refreshing approach to breakfast combines grits and authentic Mexican chorizo for a savory flavor. Thank you to the talented chefs at Taste of Home for coming up with this recipe.
- 3 cups water
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: Pico de gallo and chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can (15 ounces) of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked chorizo chicken sausages or flavor of choice, sliced
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add sausage; cook and stir until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Add zucchini; cook and stir until tender, 4-5 minutes longer. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cheese until blended. Remove from heat.
- Wipe skillet clean; coat with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- In batches, break eggs, 1 at a time, into the pan. Immediately reduce heat to low; cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard for about 5 minutes.
- To serve, divide grit mixture among 6 bowls. Top with chorizo mixture, eggs, and, if desired, pico de gallo and cilantro.
Try This Mexican Chorizo & Grits Recipe!
Check out more recipes on the Chorizo De San Manuel recipe page!