03 Mar Try These Cilantro Sausage Dogs for Your Next Cookout!
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com.
The weather will soon be warming up and that means it’s time to light the grill! Because the pandemic has kept most of us indoors, we have a recipe for carnival-style hot dogs that you’ll definitely love!
This dish comes to us from AllRecipes.com, and these hot dogs taste just like the ones served at carnivals past! For this recipe, we’ll be substituting in our cilantro sausages for extra flavor!
5 sausage dogs
- 1 pack of our cilantro sausages
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 small onion peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 5 hot dog buns
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 10-inch sheet of aluminum foil
- Mustard and ketchup
- Set your grill at medium heat or about 350°F.
- Add the onions and bell peppers to the aluminum foil, coat with olive oil, bundle up, and add to the grill.
- Add the sausages to the grill for five to seven minutes.
- Evenly rotate the sausages while they cook and add the hot dog buns until they’re toasted to your preference.
- After the veggies have cooled, discard the charred skins and slice into strips.
- Top each hot dog with the veggies, cheese, cilantro, and condiments. Enjoy!
Check out our other recipes, order sausages online, and start grilling! If you like those, then you’ll also love our chorizo recipes too! Order chorizo online or pick up a pack at your local grocery store! Be sure to tag us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!