26 Oct Sweet and Savory Mexican Chorizo Stuffed Sweet Potato
Photo and Recipe courtesy of the Food Network.
Fall is the perfect time to spice up your kitchen routine with a delightful twist—Mexican chorizo stuffed sweet potatoes. Picture this: tender, roasted sweet potatoes oozing with the savory goodness of seasoned chorizo, creating a harmonious blend of sweet and spicy flavors. It’s a comforting and hearty dish that’ll have you savoring the autumn vibes bite by bite. We want to thank the creative chefs at The Food Network for this recipe.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- Chopped fresh mint, for topping
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees °F. Pierce the sweet potatoes all over with a fork and microwave on a microwave-safe plate until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pickling spice and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the spiced oil to a mini food processor and pulse until the pickling spice is finely ground, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the spiced oil to a medium bowl and stir in the yogurt, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of pepper; set aside.
- Soak the raisins in 1/2 cup warm water in a small bowl, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add our Mexican chorizo and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned and crisp, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the pine nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds. Transfer the chorizo mixture to a bowl. Drain the raisins and stir into the chorizo mixture.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper; rub to coat evenly. Roast until the potato skins are crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Split open the sweet potatoes and fluff the flesh with a fork; season with salt and pepper. Top with the chorizo, yogurt sauce, and mint.
Try this Chorizo Stuffed Sweet Potato and Order Chorizo Online!
Embrace the flavors of fall with Mexican chorizo stuffed sweet potatoes, a dish that’s sure to warm your heart and palate as the leaves change and the season unfolds. Order chorizo online and try our savory pork chorizo, lean chicken chorizo, hearty beef chorizo, or saucy San Luis Chorizo.