22 Sep Pop These Chorizo-Stuffed Peppers in the Oven Next Time for Dinner!
Posted at 15:06h in Recipes, Chorizo, Super Bowl, Valentine's Dinner for Two 0 Comments
Recipe courtesy of Allison Miller of TornadoughAlli.com.
Who doesn’t love a stuffed pepper? Stuff one with some Chorizo de San Manuel and you’ll be taking it up a notch! This Chorizo-Stuffed Pepper recipe comes from Allison Miller of TornadoughAlli.com and it’s a delicious, modern take on a Mexican classic. We promise you’ll be serving this to the entire family in no time!
- 2 large green peppers cut in half and seeded
- 1 10-ounce package of our pork chorizo
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 a can of corn, drained
- 1/2 a can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup of Mexican cheese, blended
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a medium-sized pot, fill with water and bring it to a boil. Add the peppers and parboil for about 5 minutes or until slightly tender. Remove and let them cool.
- Fry the chorizo in a pan until cooked, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, chorizo, corn, black beans, and Mexican cheese.
- Place the peppers cup-side-up on a baking sheet, fill them with the cream cheese mixture, and sprinkle with more cheese if desired.
- Bake the peppers for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top with cilantro and sour cream if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is sure to impress the entire household! If you’re a chorizo fan looking for more recipes, then click here to check them out!