25 Nov Chorizo de San Manuel Stuffed Mushrooms
Photo and recipe courtesy of Daisy Martinez of FoodNetwork.com.
We hope you have a big appetite for this delicious chorizo-stuffed mushroom platter featuring our very own Guerra’s Brand pork chorizo. Daisy Martinez from FoodNetwork.com created this recipe and we added a South Texas twist to it!
- ½ a package of Chorizo de San Manuel Guerra’s Brand pork chorizo
- 18 large white mushrooms (about 2 ½ to 3 inches in size)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of finely diced onion
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of fresh, chopped parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup of grated Manchego cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Remove the mushroom stems and chop them thoroughly. Make sure to remove the entire stem as this is where you will be stuffing the mushrooms with the chorizo mix.
- Lightly coat the mushroom caps with a tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
- Pour the remaining olive oil into a large skillet and set it to high heat.
- Start cooking the diced onion and mushroom stems for two to three minutes.
- Include the breadcrumbs and continue cooking and stirring until the mix is golden brown.
- Place the mix into a bowl.
- Cook the chorizo for three to five minutes.
- Next, stir the breadcrumb mixture into the skillet.
- Add the chicken broth and parsley and fluff with a fork.
- Mix in the Manchego cheese.
- With a spoon, begin filling the mushroom caps with the chorizo and breadcrumb mix. For a great presentation, pack the cooked ingredients in an attractive mound on the mushrooms.
- Lightly coat an oven-ready dish with a non-stick spray and bake the mushrooms for 20 minutes.
- When done, take out and serve hot or warm.
If you try this recipe at home, take a photo and tag us on social media below!