11 Aug Smoked Gouda-Chorizo Jalapeño Poppers
Jalapeño poppers are a Texas treat! An excellent way to kick off any meal, they’re full of flavor, spice, and attitude! This incredible recipe comes to us courtesy of the very talented Sunny Anderson of FoodNetwork.com. As always, the only change we’ve made to it is substituting her chorizo choice with our own pork brand! We hope you enjoy this sensational treat!
- 1 pack of pork chorizo from Chorizo de San Manuel
- ½ lb. of smoked, shredded gouda cheese
- ½ cup of cream cheese
- ¼ cup of finely chopped red onion
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. of sour cream
- 1 tbsp. of hot sauce (your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 large jalapeño peppers (stemmed, halved, and seeded)
- 1 baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 375º F.
- Over medium heat, cook the chorizo for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once done, drain the grease and place the chorizo into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the gouda cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, red onion, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Mix thoroughly for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Scoop the mix into the jalapeño halves and line them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the jalapeños are golden and bubbly.
This recipe is great for a barbecue or watch party! Try it out and tag us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to let us know how it was! If you enjoyed it, then check out our other recipes. Also, feel free to place an order online for one of our many exceptional products.