08 Mar Try 4 Types of Mexican Chorizo for this Chorizo Burgers Recipe
Photo and recipe courtesy of the Food Network.
What’s better than making homemade burgers? Savory chorizo burgers made with our Texas brand chorizo! Dig into this delicious and savory recipe that your whole family will enjoy. We want to say thank you to the brilliant chefs at FoodNetwork.com.
- 4 large eggs
- 4 burger buns
- ½ pound chorizo
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Hot sauce, to taste
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- 8 pieces thick-cut bacon
- 1 pound of ground chuck
- 1 large tomato, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Green leaf lettuce leaves separated
- 1 cup grated Monterrey jack cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 32-ounce bag of frozen potato tots (5 cups)
- One 4-ounce can dice green chiles (not drained)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees ∞F.
- Put the bacon on a sheet pan lined with foil. Bake until crispy, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix mayo with chopped cilantro, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- For the patties, mix the ground beef, Mexican chorizo, green chiles, a pinch of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper in a large bowl until well combined.
- Pinch off a fourth of the meat mixture, forming it into a disc. Repeat with the remaining meat to make 3 more discs.
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the preheated skillet, then add the patties.
- Using the bottom of the spatula, smash the patties until they are about ½ inch thick. Fry until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side, then remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining olive oil and the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook sunny-side up, for 5 to 6 minutes for a slightly runny yolk.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spatula to drain or remove the eggs to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Spread the bottom of each bun with cilantro mayo and place on plates or a serving dish.
- Add each patty, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and an egg.
- Drizzle with some hot sauce. Spread the remaining cilantro mayo on the bun lids, then place them carefully on top of the burgers.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Toss potato tots and taco seasoning on a sheet pan. Bake until crisp, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle cheese, and return to the oven to melt the cheese, for 5 minutes more.
Other Products with Chorizo De San Manuel!
Need examples of different flavored chorizo all in one place? Try out all of our signature flavors of Texas brand chorizo.
- Signature Pork Chorizo
Check out more about Chorizo De San Manuel chorizo here!