10 Nov A Cheesy Dinner with Some Chorizo and Beef Patty Melt Sandwiches!
If you love patty melts and have them for dinner often, then why not turn the flavor and originality up a notch? In this recipe, we’d like to showcase a new spin on this dish courtesy of the very talented Ree Drummond from FoodNetwork.com. It’s a patty melt sandwich that incorporates chorizo and beef! The only thing is that we’ll be making a couple of small adjustments by adding our Guerra’s Brand pork chorizo and signature ground beef. Try it out at home and we hope you enjoy it!
4 patty melt sandwiches
- 1 pack of our Guerra’s Brand pork chorizo
- ½ pound of our ground beef
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 8 slices of rye bread
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, add 2 tablespoons of butter over low to medium heat.
- Add the sliced onion and sauté for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef and chorizo. Form into 4 patties.
- Cook the patties over medium to high heat for about 5 minutes until well done. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stack your ingredients in this order: bread, sautéed onions, the patty, a slice of cheese, and the other slice of bread.
- On a griddle or skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and grill the sandwiches until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!