23 Oct The Best Choriqueso Dip You’ll Ever Have for Game Day!
Since football season is in full swing, having the usual pizza, wings, and potato chips can get boring quick. If you’re looking to change things up a bit, then how about a popular Mexican dish that’s sure to leave everyone wanting more? Choriqueso goes great with any game day get-together, and with this recipe courtesy of LeitesCulinaria.com, your friends and family will each be getting their share! The only change we’re making is adding our own pork chorizo. Try it out!
6 to 8
- 1 to 1/3 of a cup (8 ounces) of our Guerra’s brand pork chorizo
- ½ a cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 bag of tortilla chips, your choice of brand
- Place a cast-iron skillet over medium-to-low heat. Cook the chorizo for 5 to 7 minutes or until brown. When done, remove the chorizo from the skillet and set aside on paper towels.
- Wipe the skillet clean, and on low heat, pour in the heavy cream. Immediately pour in the cheese and stir for 2 to 5 minutes or until it melts.
- Shut off the heat and mix the chorizo into the cream and cheese mix. Top the Choriqueso with the cilantro and set the skillet safely on your table.
- Line the sides of the skillet with a few tortilla chips for decoration.