01 Apr The Chicken Chorizo Melt, A Sandwich Loaded with Flavor!
At Chorizo de San Manuel, we focus on recipes that include our beef and pork chorizo, but if you enjoy a delicious chicken sandwich, then we have a recipe that you’re going to love! This chicken chorizo melt features one of our favorites: our chicken chorizo! Just like our other Texas brand of chorizo, our chicken chorizo is made with 100% natural ingredients and does not contain any additives, preservatives, or artificial coloring.
- 1 lb. of ground chicken
- 6 ounces of our chicken chorizo
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 large, sliced sweet onion
- 4 slices of flat or pita bread
- 8 slices of swiss cheese
- Ketchup for dipping
- In a large bowl, mix the ground chicken, chicken chorizo, garlic cloves, kosher salt, and oregano leaves. Form four patties.
- Cover the patties with plastic wrap or paper towels and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sauté the onions until caramelized and set aside.
- Preheat a griddle or pan with two tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
- Fully cook the patties, wipe down the griddle or pan, add two more tablespoons of oil, and lower the heat to low.
- Assemble the sandwiches by layering them however you like.
- Add them to the griddle until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.
- Serve and enjoy!