13 May Serve Up These Chorizo-Stuffed Breakfast Peppers!
Photo and recipe courtesy of IsabelEats.com.
We have a healthy breakfast option that’s loaded with protein and full of flavor! This keto-friendly dish comes to us from IsabelEats.com, a blogger who specializes in Mexican recipes with a twist. For the chorizo portion, we’ll be substituting in our authentic Mexican chorizo.
- 4 large bell peppers (any color)
- 8 oz. of our pork chorizo
- 8 oz. of chopped Bella mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Half of a medium, diced onion
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- ½ a cup of chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup of cotija cheese
- Sliced radish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cut the bell peppers in half and hollow them out.
- In a large skillet, pour the olive oil over medium heat and add the mushrooms and onions. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chorizo and cook for 8 additional minutes.
- When done, place the mix into a bowl, add the shredded cheese, and combine it all.
- Fill each bell pepper with the mix to about three-quarters.
- Pour an egg on top of each portion and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake while uncovered for 25 to 28 minutes for a runny yolk or 32 to 35 minutes for a fully cooked yolk.
- Top with cilantro, cotija cheese, and sliced radishes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tag us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to show us how this recipe came out! Be sure to check out our other mouth-watering chorizo recipes, and pick up our chorizo brands at your next grocery store visit. You can also buy chorizo online with our nationwide shipping!