04 Mar Get Egg-cited for Keto Chorizo Omelettes!
Recipe and picture courtesy of Hey Keto Momma.
Take charge of your mornings with keto chorizo omelettes! Be sure to substitute the chorizo with one of our own: chicken chorizo, pork chorizo, beef, or San Luis chorizo. Thank you to the fantastic chefs from Hey Keto Momma for this recipe.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces of our Mexican brand chorizo
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of white onion
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- ⅛ cup of avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 slice of bacon, crumbled
- Cook the chorizo according to package instructions.
- Whisk eggs, spinach, heavy whipping cream, and onion in a medium bowl.
- Pour mixture into a non-stick skillet at low to medium heat.
- Flip the omelette when firm enough.
- Cover the omelette briefly with a lid if it is not firming up.
- Sprinkle cheese on the other side and cook evenly.
- Remove from heat and place on plate.
- Add chorizo to omelette and roll egg.
- Top with sour cream, diced avocado, bacon, and more chorizo.