11 Oct Enjoy A Warm Bowl of Lentils with our Texas Brand Chorizo!
Recipe and picture courtesy of Allrecipes.
Stay cozy during the chilly fall weather with a warm bowl of lentils with chorizo, filled with flavorful spices, bacon, lentils, and our pork chorizo. We would like to thank the talented chefs of Allrecipes for this recipe.
- ½ pound of dry lentils
- 1 cube of chicken bouillon
- ½ pound of pork chorizo with casing removed and meat crumbled
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 diced Roma tomato
- 1 diced tomatillo
- 1 diced white onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup of water
- ½ bunch of chopped cilantro
- ⅛ teaspoon of cumin
- 5 teaspoons of cotija cheese, divided
- 5 teaspoons of sour cream, divided
- Rinse lentils and place in large pot. Pour enough water into the pot to cover the lentils by 2 inches, then add the chicken bouillon cube to the pot.
- Bring the pot to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- While lentils are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chorizo for 10 to 15 minutes or until brown, and remove chorizo from the pan.
- In the same pan, lightly fry 6 slices of bacon for about 5 minutes or until softened and cooked.
- Remove the bacon, leaving drippings in the pan. Chop up the bacon.
- Cook the tomato, tomatillo, onion, and garlic in the bacon fat for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the water and cilantro, then transfer the mixture to a blender.
- Blend mixture in short pulses first, then puree mixture until smooth.
- Stir the pureed vegetables, cooked chorizo, cooked bacon, and cumin into the lentils.
- Stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until hot.
- Top meal with a teaspoon of cotija cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Tag Us Online!
Check out other delicious chorizo recipes featuring our popular chorizo brands. Show us your chorizo recipes on our Instagram and Facebook! Send us a message online if you have any questions or would like to learn more about our nationwide shipping.