28 Jan Any Time is a Good Time for Vegetable and Chorizo Quesadillas!
Perfectly flavored and filled with cheese, this chorizo quesadilla recipe is one of our favorites! Plus, it’s easy to make and the whole family will enjoy it. This dish comes to us from multi-talented recording artist Trisha Yearwood and the Food Network. For the meat portion, we will be substituting in our Guerra’s Brand pork chorizo to give this quesadilla recipe more zest!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 8 ounces of our pork chorizo
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into half-inch pieces
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces of shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Cook the chorizo over medium heat. As it browns, add the bell pepper and stir for 3 minutes. Add the spinach and stir until it wilts.
- Lay out four tortillas and sprinkle half of the cheese followed by the chorizo mix. Add the remaining cheese and tortillas on top.
- Wipe your skillet clean and add butter over medium flame.
- Cook the quesadillas two at a time and flip until they brown on each side.
- Cut your 4 quesadillas into quarters.
- Top with salsa and enjoy!